Driving Improvement Program is a program that can be referred because all points assessed on their driving record.
Driver Improvement Program
Is a program of instruction 4-8 hours which is designed to provide rehabilitation to drivers. You may have been assigned to the driver improvement program for any of the following reasons:
– You were referred by a District Court Judge;
– You were sent by Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) in the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH)
– You accumulated 5, 6 or 7 points on your driving record
– You were convicted or was granted probation before judgment by a moving violation while had a provisional driving license.
– If a judge decides that he must attend a driver improvement program, you receive a letter from the MVA approximately 4-6 weeks after the date of the hearing.
– You must take the driver improvement class as soon as possible to avoid cancellation or suspension of license.